Get the ratio right for your method of brewing:
1) Add 2 heaped table spoons (20g) of ground coffee to a French Press/Cafetiere
2) Add 170ml (60z) of just off boiling water.
3) Leave to brew for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Slowly press the plunger and serve in your favourite mug.
1) Add 2 heaped table spoons (20g) of ground coffee to a Pour Over/V60.
2) Pour over enough water to cover the grounds (around 50ml of 170ml total) and leave for around 20 seconds.
3) Slowly pour the rest of the hot water in a circular motion to cover all the grounds.
4) After 4 minutes, it should be fully drained and ready to serve.
1) Start with 20g of espresso ground coffee in your portafilter
2) Brew for roughly 30 seconds
3) Target end weight of espresso should be around 38-40grams.
As with everything in coffee always experiment as taste and equipment can vary widely.